What does Reliance Community Church believe?
- Even though our church is non-traditional in style, we are deeply committed to the truths of the Bible. However, we’re more concerned with discovering what it means to actually live what we say we believe. In summary, here are some examples.
What we mean by… “Christ-centered”
- If Jesus said it… we believe it. If Jesus modeled it… we want to live it. If Jesus commanded it… we want to obey it. We believe everything Jesus practiced and preached is as relevant for us today as it was at the time of Christ’s earthly life and ministry. Reliance Community Church is committed to exemplifying Him here in the new millennium.
What we mean by… “Non-denominational”
- Our definition of non-denominational is: “Having no authority or doctrines dictated by any outside board or affiliation.” We believe in order to stay as true as possible to the patterns of church life in the New Testament, we must avoid denominational labels and doctrines that identify us with one group exclusively. This does not mean, however, that anything goes!
What we believe about… Jesus Christ
- We believe that Jesus is the only Son of God. We believe that His earthly life and ministry demonstrated and proved this: All people matter to God. We believe that if anyone wants to come to God, they must first invite Jesus Christ to be Savior and Lord of their life. We believe Christ is the head of the Church, and we at Reliance, are His Body still at work in this world touching, loving, and strengthening all who come within the scope of our ministry as He leads us.
What we believe about… Worship
- We believe worship is fundamental to the abundant life of a growing Christian. We encourage all expressions of worship we read about in the Bible. Our worship style is highly expressive and seeks to be culturally relevant. We desire to glorify our Risen Lord through planned and spontaneous combinations of energetic praise and personal, intimate prayer.
What we believe about… The Holy Spirit
- At the time of Christ’s ascension into heaven, He promised to send the gift of the Holy Spirit to His disciples. We believe these same disciples already had the Holy Spirit working within them, confirming Christ as Messiah, directing them, and convicting them of sin. But, due to the unusual power, boldness, and authority these disciples received after the Holy Spirit came upon them in the book of Acts (as Jesus promised), we believe a person can expect to be given another measure of the Spirit after salvation for special work. We believe the Holy Spirit is fully activated in a person’s life at salvation. Any additional “fillings” of the Holy Spirit are for supernatural boldness in sharing our faith, supernatural workings of the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and supernatural abilities to pray and preach God’s Word.
What we believe about… The Bible
- All our standards and practices come from examples and principles we read in the Bible. We believe it is the only complete and infallible written Word of God. We also believe God still speaks to us today through His Holy Spirit.
What we believe about… Church Government
- We believe the pattern of the New Testament teaches that Christ is the Head of the Church. We believe all decisions and direction must come through and be confirmed by Him, through His Word and by His Holy Spirit. Under Christ’s leadership, we place appointed elders/pastors with scriptural qualifications in authority over the establishment of policy, practices and protection of our church, with the lead pastor as lead elder. We believe all the members of our congregation are ministers of Christ and the work of the ministry is done by them, assigned by and carried out as the result of the unique spiritual gifts each person has received from God.
What we believe about… You
- We believe it is no accident you have crossed paths with Reliance. We believe your interest shows a genuine hunger for God. We also know that God has a unique and specific plan for your life. We would be honored to be a part of your journey of spiritual growth. If not, we know He has another great church, here locally, that He wants to use to nourish, support, and build you up in your relationship with Him.